LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

 
I started the Couch to 5K program back in November and I still not what I would consider a "runner".  The most I have run in a single stretch has been .53 miles, which is one lap around Hardin Field track.  I wish I was a runner.  I wish I could set out and run 3-4 miles straight, but I just can't.  My body won't allow me.  Some days it's my mind that holds me back.  I have signed up for the Color Me Rad run in April and it's a 5k.  That's over 3 miles.  I am not too worried about it because my goal is to just finish it and to cross that finish line running!!  If that means I have to walk half of it, I don't even care.  I just want to do it!!  I do have to say that I feel healthier and if anyone had asked me at the beginning of August if I'd ever be able to run one lap around the track, I would've asked if they were out of their minds?!?!  So, today, I have to say that I am proud of me.  I am proud of myself for sticking to it and not giving up, even when I feel like I want to.  And I'm proud of the fact that I am taking time for myself, which is so hard to do.  Now...let's see how I do in April. ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment