LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

...more like Broken Wrists in 30!

I had to stop doing the Ripped in 30 DVD.  It was absolutely killing my wrists.  I made it through 4 workouts and my wrists have never in my life hurt so badly.  So, I quit doing it and my wrists are finally starting to feel better.  For a while, they were waking me up in the middle of the night just from being so sore.  So now I have my own plan for fitness.  I am walking every day.  I take the dog with me and we walk about 2.25 miles or so.  Then, I come home and lift weights.  I used to lift 3 to 5 lb weights and I wondered why I wasn't getting toned.  I started doing some research and everything I read said I need to be lifting heavier weights.  So, I started lifting the 10 lb weights we have in the basement.  Boy am I feeling it!!  I hope it's enough to actually cause a change in my body.  The 3 to 5 lbs weights weren't cutting it and I felt like such a wimp.  In fact, I still feel sorta wimpy with the 10 pounders, but I am going to work my way up.  I only have weights that go up to 12.5 lbs, so I'll need to get some more, which won't be until after our move.  So as it stands right now, I am not doing any sort of workout program through any trainer or anything.  Just making it up as I go for now and seeing what kind of results I get.  The scale is still not moving, so we'll see what weight training does.  I'll take more measurements at the end of this week.  Hoping to see a loss in my waist.  That's my problem area. :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment