LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Depressing

Sometimes I think it would've just been easier to stay fat forever.  At least when I was super fat, I knew I was fat and there was no hope.  Now I am struggling with these depressing thoughts because the damn scale will not move from 188.  One freaking 88.  Ugh.  That is so aggrivating after being at 185.  I don't know what my body's deal is.  I am working out, I am eating right, I added strength training.  What else can I do??? 

Honestly, I am struggling to keep up with everything.  I'm exercising for about an hour a day and I feel like I don't have time for anything else.  It throws off my entire routine.  So I think I need to sit down and reconfigure how I spend my time.  This darn computer sucks me in, especially after a workout because I sit down to log my exercise and calories for the morning and I end up spending over an hour on here.  Darn technology!! 

In positive news, I am starting to see some definition in my arms from the heavier weights I've been lifting.  As I wrote before, I have gone from using the 3-5 lb weights to using 10 lbs.  I do 3 sets of 8 reps and I usually do bicep curls, lateral arm raises, tricep kickbacks, squats with an overhead press, and chest presses.  Not super hard stuff, but I feel good afterward and feel like I've done my muscles some good.  Hopefully, right?

So anyway, I am praying I get over this plateau or whatever it is.  I'm not enjoying it one single bit.  I have done some adjusting to my calories and going to see if eating a little more will boost my metabolism.  I calculated my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), which is the number of calories your body needs to keep it alive if you were just to lay in bed all day, for my goal weight and those calories came out to be 1577.  So if I eat 1577 calories a day, I could maintain a goal weight of 170 lbs.  So that means, being that I am 188, if I eat 1577 I should lose weight, right???  Ugh.  This is so aggrivating.  I had a good cry over all of this this morning and I am just so ready to give up.  But I won't!  I've come so far.  No turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment