LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

NSV (Non-scale Victory)

I am a member of MFP (MyFitnessPal) and I always see people posting about their lates NSV.  It took me forever to understand what the heck NSV was.  It stands for Non-Scale Victory.  So basically it's something you achieve that doesn't have to do with a weigh-in.  Yesterday, I had one and I finally get it.  The boys and I went to the park near our house after school.  We got there and they were quite disappointed with the park's playground equipment.  They decided that we should go on a walk to explore the park some more.  So we walked for a bit and made it out to the running/walking path.  The boys then decided that we should run for a bit.  The path has these little spots where you can stop and do exercises (pull-ups, balance beam, leg raises, etc.).  So we would run from one exercise spot, do the exercise, and then run to the next.  And I actually made it.  We did about 6 of them before we turned around and walked back to the car.  It was awesome!  I've never run that much in my adult life without getting severely winded or feeling faint.  I was so proud of myself.  I felt like I was lighter on my feet and could actually move.  I remember about a year or so ago, I tried to run in our neighborhood and I barely made it from one corner to the next without feeling like I was going to die.  After that, I gave up and never thought I'd even attempt it again.  So, yesterday when I ran, I felt like that was a true NSV for me!  Oh, and my husband noticed my muscles in my arms yesterday....he even said, "HOLY CRAP!  You've got guns!" ;o)

P.S.  Weighed in at 186.8 today!!  Woohoo!  Getting back down closer to that 185 mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment