LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, April 15, 2016

3 years....

It's been almost 3 years since I wrote in this blog about my weight.  I'm still on the right track.  I don't think I'm ever going to be 100% satisfied with my body, but I have come such a long way!  I got down to my lowest weight of 171 not so long ago, but I'm hovering around 173-174 lately.  Honestly, I think it's because I'm focused more on building muscles and less on the cardio aspect of weight loss.  I'm more in it for strength and fitness than the whole weight loss part.  I'm still weighing in monthly and I also take measurements.  I've seen so much change in my body, despite not seeing a tremendous amount on the scale.  However, I know that at 5ft11, I'm nearing where my body says I should be as far as weight goes, so I shouldn't expect to lose too much more and I shouldn't expect it to come off easily.  I just need to remember to be proud of how far I've come.  When I started my actual journey, I weighed in at 214 lbs.  I had already lost several pounds before that time.  I also was on blood pressure medication.  I'm happy to say that with a proper diet and exercise, I've been off blood pressure meds for over a year now!  I honestly have never felt better and I find that I'm able to sleep without sleep meds, too!  When I look at this before/during photo, I can't help but be so proud of myself.  The girl on the left wore a size 20.  The girl on the right is a size 8/10!  Even my feet shrunk!  I used to wear a 10.  Now I'm a 9 or 9.5.  So weird!

As for my routine, I'm in the gym about 5 days a week.  I run or do some other form of cardio for 20-25 minutes.  Lately, I've been running and I'm up to about 2 miles before I just call it quits because I'm so terribly bored.  Then I alternate arms and legs every other day and abs every day.  I still have a belly and probably always will.  2 C-sections do some damage to your abs and I also have loose skin that will most likely never go away without surgery.  But you know what...I'm happy.  No, I don't look like a fitness model and no, I won't ever be in a magazine, but I'm happy with my body and what it can do.  I am 36 years old and I've never felt better in my life!  Unfortunately, I still have to take my thyroid medication.  Having a sluggish thyroid has made this process quite difficult also, but I am not going to let it stop me!  I'm in this for life.  I always heard people in the past say that this is a "lifestyle change" and not a diet.  Well, I am here to tell you that those people were RIGHT!!  And to think I used to roll my eyes.  Now I am one of "them"!! 

If anyone is out there reading this blog (I mainly do this so I can keep records for myself) and you are struggling, I just want to say to you....DON'T GIVE UP!!!  For every bad day you have, make sure you have 2 successful ones!  Don't beat yourself up over a cheat meal or a day without a good workout.  Just don't make it a habit.  YOU'VE GOT THIS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment